New vacancy: Communications and marketing specialist (extended deadline!)
Want to work with us? ERIF has an exciting new communications and marketing opening and we’d love to hear from you!
About the gig:
The European Race and Imagery Foundation (ERIF) recently received a capacity building grant from ENAR, and one of our first priorities will be to improve our network outreach via our social media and newsletters. As an organisation, we are frequently busy both curating and making new content, and we’d love to be able to share that content further across our wider community. The new (remote) comms expert will be working closely with our small team and helping to:
- Promote ERIF’s flagship Sinterklaas Brand & Product report;
- To share widely and drive engagement around the forthcoming Black Voices Matter blog series;
- Assisting ERIF with consolidating, expanding and improving our communications strategies across our various channels;
- Encourage further engagement with ERIF’s existing archive and/or new content generated over a 12-month period.
- Ideally, 2+ years experience in a communications and marketing position;
- A track record of a commitment to anti-racist, social justice comms work;
- Experience with advanced social media comms, in particular Twitter and Instagram, and able to cross link between social media platforms and our website content;
- Affinity for and/or experience with taking notes, taking pictures, etc. at events for further communication and archiving purposes;
- You are flexible in your availability (such as for evening meetings), as you’ll be working remotely in a team of volunteers who have full-time day-to-day jobs outside of ERIF;
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills and are a good collaborator in a small team;
- Although the position is (in principle) open to anyone, we prefer Black candidates for this role in shaping our narratives and platforms for equity and social justice.
For this role we offer €50- per hour, for a total of 48 hours spread over a period of approximately 45 weeks. You can find out more about the team you would be joining here.
Want to apply? Get in touch with us via email@example.com with your cover letter and CV by 16th December. We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!
This position is funded by a grant ERIF received as part of the 2022 Empowerment & Resilience scheme, which is financed by the ENAR Foundation.
Interns and students
Currently, ERIF is spending the coming months focusing more on our organisational resilience and capacity building, therefore, we are not able to offer any internship positions at this time. We look forward to being able to welcome and work with more students and interns in the future. If you would like to stay in touch with us in order to work on an ERIF project in the future, please e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you to our mailing list.